March 24, 2020
Dear Friends & Patients,
The American Dental Association has issued the following statement to all Dental offices:
“The American Dental Association recognizes the unprecedented and extraordinary circumstances dentists and all health care professionals face related to growing concern about COVID-19,” according to the March 16 statement from ADA President Chad P. Gehani. “The ADA is deeply concerned for the health and well-being of the public and the dental team. In order for dentistry to do its part to mitigate the spread of COVID-19, the ADA recommends dentists nationwide postpone elective procedures for the next three weeks. Concentrating on emergency dental care will allow us to care for our emergency patients and alleviate the burden that dental emergencies would place on hospital emergency departments.”
What this Statement Means to You
White Street Smiles team is committed to the health and well-being of our patients and our team. Therefore, we have postponed all routine dental procedures (eg. cleaning and fillings) until further notice.
Any patients with temporary crowns and fillings who experience a concern, should call for direction.
Emergency Dental Care
We will open our office, as necessary, for Emergency Dental Care. Patients injured or who experiencing pain should use our 24/7 ‘on-call’ system.
Guidelines for Emergency Dental Care:
- We may ask friends and family who accompany you, to remain outside our office.
- We may take your temperature and ask you to rinse with a 1% hydrogen peroxide solution.
- We may impose other requirements as more information is available to us.
Emergency care may not be extended to patients who:
- Are experiencing flu like symptoms
- Have visited China, Iran, Italy or South Korea or the Lower Westchester County Containment Zone in the last 14 days
- Have been in contact with anyone with known symptoms
Thank you for your understanding while we do everything possible to control the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
We appreciate your continued confidence and support. Stay safe.
The White Street Smiles Team